The Wodonga Bulldogs are seeking a Senior Club Co-Coach for 2020.
The Wodonga Football & Sports Club affiliated with the Ovens & Murray Football Netball League is seeking applications for a Playing Co-Coach for season 2020. It is expected that the successful applicant will transition to sole Coach (Playing) in season 2021.
Position Title: Senior Playing Co-Coach
Reports To: President /Co Coach (Non-Playing)
About Us: Wodonga Bulldogs Football Club joined the Ovens & Murray Football Netball League in 1936 and has enjoyed significant success with the senior team playing in 20 Grand Finals in that time with the Reserves playing in 29 GFs since 1953 and the Thirds 23 GFs since 1973. Netball has been affiliated with the Club and League since 1993. It also hosts an All Abilities team.
The club has a proud history, is committed to the future and enjoys a high profile across the broader community. Recent and ongoing facilities upgrades enhance the club’s ability to further develop into future seasons.
Wodonga Bulldogs seek a person with strong values and prepared to make a contribution both on and off the field.
About the Role:
Working in conjunction with the current Non-Playing Senior Coach, you will be a key member on the field during match day and work hand in hand to implement match day tactics. You will be integral in designing and implementing training programs and tactics to enhance the development of all current day players. You will transition to Sole Playing Coach in 2021.
- Involved in developing and conducting the Training Program.
- Responsible for Assigned Line Group/s.
- Working with the Co-Coach to develop the Team’s Game Plan and Structures.
- Build and extend player relationship to develop their personal skills and game.
- Analyse, report and provide feedback on relevant areas to players and coaching panel.
- Opposition analysis and reporting.
- Game Day-Strong leadership on the field and at breaks with Line Responsibilities.
- Player Retention and Recruitment.
What We Are looking For:
- Playing experience at a high level (AFL/VFL/Sate League/Senior Country Level).
- Coaching experience or desire to transition to Sole Playing Coach.
- Minimum Level 1 Coaching accreditation (prefer level 2 or prepared to obtain accreditation).
- Strong Leadership and communication skills including ability to manage Press, public events and attend ALL appropriate Club AND League functions.
- Ability to work in a team environment as co-coach.
- Committed to Teaching and Educating players.
- Prepared to reside locally.
- Some knowledge of Player Points Systems and Allowable Player Payments systems or commitment to learn.
- Desire for continuous improvement and success.
- Holds or prepared to obtain a “Working With Children” check.
Wodonga Bulldogs has a strong and loyal network of supporters and business partners-with the right background or qualifications (if required), we will endeavor to assist in finding employment for the right person.
Remuneration: Based on experience and Background.
For further Information, or if you have any queries prior to application, please contact President Richard Bence, 0438 285958
Applications: close 5.00pm Friday 23rd August 2019
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume covering experience and requirements Marked:
Confidential Senior Co-Coach to
Wodonga Bulldogs Po Box 2 Wodonga Vic 3690 OR
email to: email@example.com