Williamstown FC is seeking a Media Co-Ordinator to produce an improved communication platform for delivering information, engaging key stakeholders and the wider public.
Established in 1864, Williamstown is one of the oldest football clubs in Australia, with 155 years of rich history and a strong brand in the sporting landscape.
Professionally governed and operated, the club boasts 16 VFL premierships and a sustained period of finals appearances over the last 13 years.
The Club is proud of its successful history and close connection to the community it represents.
A gender balanced club, the Club is the only stand alone VFL Club with a women’s team playing state league football in the VFLW.
The Club is creating a Media Co-Ordinator role to produce an improved communication platform for delivering information and engaging our key stakeholders and the wider public, and in doing so, continuing to enhance and grow the exposure of our Club’s brand.
The Media Co-Ordinator will be responsible for overseeing the operations of four contracted part-time social media & video production staff and will report to the GM Marketing.
This is a permanent part-time role, equivalent to 0.2 FTE, that can be managed on-site or remotely, across the week, according to parameters agreed with GM Marketing.
Reporting to the General Manager Marketing, the Media Co-Ordinator is responsible for:
- Managing the social media content strategy plan, processes and execution across all club digital channels.
- Managing the VFL and VFLW social media & video producer staff to ensure timely, professional and relevant content is being delivered across all social media forums.
- Achieving high levels of social media engagement, brand awareness and growth.
- Monitoring and responding to conversations on the club’s social media channels and moderate all user-generated content.
- Maintaining the Website for current content and ensuring it has first page ranking, and increased traffic and conversion rates.
- Writing editorial features that promote the Club’s Football, Community, and Commercial activities.
- Ability to execute graphic design and videos for content pieces, Newsletters, Billboards, and TV/Scoreboard display.
- Delivering weekly content to connected local community clubs and monitoring their delivery of such.
- Monthly Board reporting of Action Plan including social media growth, reach and analytics.
The successful applicants will demonstrate:
- A Sports Marketing, PR, or Communications degree qualification
- Experience in social media and marketing
- A full knowledge of current media trends in the sporting industry
- A passion and interest in Australian Rules football
- A professional approach to all facets of the role
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and manage staff.
- Strong communication and personal skills
- A focused attention to detail
- An ability to meet deadlines
- A valid Working With Children Check
Applications close on FRIDAY 3rd May 2019
Applications consisting of a CV and a brief covering letter outlining how you satisfy the desirable criteria for the role will be accepted via email to: email@example.com
Short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Williamstown Football Club is a proud Equal Opportunity employer.