The Western Bulldogs Football Club is seeking a casual club mascot.
At the Bulldogs, our Club Mascots are an integral part of our fan engagement strategy and the successful candidates will play a big part of delivering our match day entertainment. Performers will be required at Victorian home games and various community events such as school visits, Auskick Clinics, charity events and hospital visits.
The role is casual and will contain a range of public performances. An hourly rate will apply.
The successful candidates will be able to:
- Engage with Western Bulldogs’ Members and Fans of all ages.
- Attend all Western Bulldogs AFL home games at Marvel Stadium (9 games)
- Attend all Western Bulldogs AFLW Home games at Whitten Oval (4 games)
- Adapt to different promotional situations from match day to school appearances.
- Be constantly looking for new ideas to improve our mascot’s character and what they can bring to an appearance.
- Have an outgoing personality and not be afraid to make a fool out of yourself.
- Never take the mascot head off around anyone.
- Understand that you are representing the Western Bulldogs’ at all times and should behave in a positive manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- High level of fitness required
- Ability to perform within extreme heat conditions, restrictive outfits and impaired vision
- Ability to perform on feet in mentioned conditions for at least three hours at a time (with breaks)
Skills and Experience
- Mascot experience preferred
- Any additional talents or skills considered a bonus (gymnastics, dance, acrobat experience, stunts, juggling, uni-cycling, tumbling, belaying, stilt-walking, etc.)
- Must demonstrate a high level of creativity, energy and spontaneity
- Must have a current Working with Children Check
- Must be of good moral character and strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required
- Must have a valid driver’s licences
To apply, please send your resume together with a one page covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5 pm, 25th October 2019.
Please note that due to the expected high level of interest only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.
Can you please answer the following questions when you apply?
- Are you eligible to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current working with children check (WWCC)?
- Please provide a link to your online 3-minute audition video (if available!)