Hawthorn Football Club is seeking a High Performance Manager to join their VFLW team for season 2020.
We are looking for a High Performance Manager to join our team for season 2020.
The High Performance Manager is an integral part of our multidisciplinary team, working in collaboration with other coaching, performance and medical staff to deliver quality outcomes for our VFLW players.
Utilizing your broad experience across multiple sports, including exposure/experience in AFL, you will:
- Design and implement total conditioning and preparation program for the Hawthorn VFLW program (pre-season and in-season) across Strength, Rehab and Running
- Conduct appropriate fitness testing and load management of athletes including the monitoring of training loads
- Implement strength training and conditioning for athletes. (e.g. stretching, resistance training, and plyometrics/speed/agility drills)
- Pre and post training evaluations
- Collect and maintain relevant statistical data for individual athletes
With qualifications in Human Movement, Exercise / Sport Science Degree (or current enrolment in Postgraduate study in a relevant field) you will also have;
- Proven experience as a Strength & Conditioning Coach in a sporting environment – football highly desirable
- Ability to manage all aspects of players physical preparation (i.e. rehab/strength/physiology etc.)
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team
- Be driven and show initiative
An immediate start is preferred, however arrangements can be made for the successful applicant.
Applications close Friday 11th October 2019.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to the Women’s Football Operations and Player Development Manager Alexis Carydis – email@example.com