The Hawthorn Football Club (VFLW) is seeking a Head Physiotherapist for season 2020.
The Head Physiotherapist is responsible for leading, planning, developing and managing all facets of injury management and physiotherapy support for Hawthorn Football Club’s VFLW Program.
Working in collaboration with coaching, performance and other multidisciplinary staff to deliver quality outcomes for our players, you will:
• Provide physiotherapy support for all players during training and match days
• Conduct appropriate fitness testing/physical screening and load management of athletes
• Ensure that the performance of all players is optimised through effective, timely and appropriate physiotherapy intervention
• Provide written reports and clinical notes to maintain club records as per AHPRA
• Report to the coaching staff any player injury or status of an injured player
• Work with players who are in rehab or require tailored individual programs to develop athlete specific rehabilitation programs (in conjunction with the High Performance Manager)
With qualifications in Physiotherapy (or current enrolment in Postgraduate study in a relevant field) you will also have;
• Experience working within a team sport environment
• Proven experience in design and implementation rehabilitation programs
• Demonstration of implementation and ongoing development of injury prevention strategies
• Strong practical injury diagnosis
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with track record of building strong relationships and working collaboratively with both the playing group and a multidisciplinary team
• Strong time management and organisational skills
• The ability to work in a high-pressure environment with competing demands
Applications close Friday 18th October 2019.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to the Women’s Football Operations and Player Development Manager Alexis Carydis – firstname.lastname@example.org.