The Garfield Stars Football Club, affiliated with the West Gippsland Football & Netball League, is seeking applications for a Playing/Assistant Coach for season 2019.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Playing/Assistant Coach
REPORTS TO: Senior Coach/Football Director
Garfield Stars Football & Netball Club is over 80 years old and has a proud and successful past. The club has a strong culture with a proud history and a committed focus on the future. Garfield is a club with strong values on and off the field and plays a strong part in the town’s community. At Garfield we only look for people who have a commitment to learning & developing and have a strong team first attitude.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Senior Coach, the Playing/Assistant Coach will be a key member on the field during match days and work closely with the Senior Coach to implement match day tactics. He will also be strongly involved in implementing training programs to enhance & develop all current day players.
- Involved in developing and conducting the training program
- Responsible for an assigned line group
- Working with other coaches to develop the team’s game plan & structures
- Build and grow strong relationships with all players to develop their game
- Analyse, report and provide feedback on relevant areas to coach & players
- Opposition analysis and reporting
- Game day – strong leadership on the field & at breaks with line responsibilities
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Playing experience at a high level (AFL/VFL/Senior Country Football)
- Minimum of Level 1 Coaching Accreditation (or willing to obtain)
- Passionate about teaching and educating players
- Committed to learning & delivering high standards
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
Garfield Football & Netball Club has a very loyal network of supporters & sponsors – with the right background or qualifications (if required) we will endeavour to help find employment for the right person.
Remunerations will be based on experience & background.
For further information or if you have any queries please contact Hayden Stanton (Senior Coach) – 0417317779
APPLICATIONS: (Close December 19th 2018)
To apply for this position please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com