The Fitzroy Football Club is seeking expressions of interest for an exciting opportunity to join the club as the Senior Women’s Assistant Coach.
In 2020, the Fitzroy Football Club’s (incorporating the Fitzroy Reds) women’s teams will be competing in the Premier B division in the Victorian Amateur Football Association (VAFA).
We are based at the iconic Brunswick Street Oval, Fitzroy and have a strong relationship with the Fitzroy Junior Football Club providing a great pathway for the continued building and future of the club.
Working with the Senior Women’s coach, a key focus for the successful applicant will be the development of the playing list to achieve the overall purpose and objectives of Fitzroy FC.
Prior experience in coaching is desirable, however, this is also an exciting opportunity for a recent player to begin their coaching career. It is expected that you have attained or will attain a AFL Victoria Foundation Coaching accreditation (formerly Level 1 accreditation).
Principal duties include:
- Ensure effective player policies, team rules and code of conduct is followed to uphold the reputation and aspirations of the Club.
- Provide game day coaching expertise and leadership for the senior team.
- Instruct, provide input and attend weekly training sessions.
- In conjunction with the Senior Coach ensure a consistent club coaching policy and strategy is applied.
- Provide regular individual and group player feedback.
- Engage with the Fitzroy FC community through attendance at relevant post-game functions and events.
Additional requirements for applicants are:
- Strong communication skills both on and off field.
- Demonstrated experience at building and maintaining relationships with key club stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of the ethos of amateur football.
All applicants will be considered on their experience, merits and will be treated confidentially.
To express your interest please contact Director Football Operations, Sharon Torney – firstname.lastname@example.org or 0415 420 487.