The Fitzroy Football Club is seeking applications for an Under 23 coach in season 2019.
The Fitzroy Football Club (incorporating the Fitzroy Reds) has men’s and women’s teams competing in the Victorian Amateur Football Association (VAFA). Following the Premier C premiership in 2018, the Club will be returning to Premier B in 2019.
We are based at the iconic Brunswick Street Oval, North Fitzroy and has a strong relationship with the Fitzroy Junior Football Club, providing a great pathway for the continued building and future of the club.
We’re establishing a new men’s team, an U23 team; the VAFA is looking at establishing a new U23 competition in 2019. This is a development squad providing an opportunity for players to bridge the gap between U19 and senior football, to continue to build and develop their football skills and enable the players to continue to play and enjoy football.
We are looking for someone who has demonstrated experience in being able to build on and develop a young list, to work with the Senior coaching team and have the ability to build and develop relationships.
Prior experience in coaching required. You are expected to have attained or will attain at a minimum the AFL Victoria Foundation Coaching accreditation (formerly Level 1 accreditation).
Requirements for applicants are:
- Previous coaching experience.
- Strong communication skills both on and off field.
- To provide leadership and innovation as well as game day coaching expertise and leadership.
- Demonstrated experience working within a coaching group.
- Demonstrated experience at building and maintaining relationships with key club stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of the ethos of amateur football.
All applicants will be considered on their experience, merits and will be treated confidentially.
To express your interest please contact Luke Mahoney 0412 119 320 or email Director Football Operations, Sharon Torney – email@example.com