The search for Victoria’s most talented Indigenous and multicultural female footballers has begun, with the commencement of the Kickstart, All Nations and Boorimul Program regional trials.
Held in community venues across Victoria, the regional trials provide talented Indigenous and multicultural footballers with the opportunity to showcase their skills and be selected for one of three AFL Victoria diversity talent programs.
The Kickstart and All Nations programs give Under-15 footballers from Indigenous and Multicultural backgrounds an opportunity to fast track their football development through a highly enjoyable on and off field program.
Selected players from the regional trials will form Victoria’s Female Kickstart and All Nations representative squads which will compete against the best players from across the country in the AFL National Female Diversity Championships later this year.
In addition, the regional trials will also serve as an identification platform for the newly developed Female Boorimul Program.
Drawing on similarities from the highly-successful Laguntas program for males, the Boorimul Program supports talented young female Indigenous athletes aged 16-20, to not only maximise their football potential, but also to engage with Australian Football through umpiring, coaching and administrative work in the AFL.
Six regional venues will host trials across the state from July 26 – August 16 including Mildura, Shepparton and Ballarat, while two trials will be held in metro Melbourne at IKON Park and Werribee Football Club.
Please see below a list of trial dates and locations:
- Bairnsdale – 26th of July at Bairnsdale
- Mildura – 31st of July at Senior College Oval (4:30pm-5:30pm)
- Melbourne – 3rd of August at Ikon Park. (6:30pm-7:30pm)
- Dandenong – 7th of August at Shepley Oval (5:30pm-7:30pm)
- Werribee – 7th of August at Werribee Football Club, Watton st, Werribee (6pm-7pm)
- Shepparton – 14th of August at Rumbalara Football Club (5pm-6:30pm)
- Ballarat – 16th of August at Saxon House, 1431 Mair St, Ballarat
- Geelong – 18th of August at Deakin University Elite Sports Precinct/Football Oval (4pm – 5pm)
For more information on the Female Indigenous and Multicultural regional trials, please contact AFL Victoria on (03) 8341-6000