The AFL Volunteer of the Year Program is a volunteer recognition program which commenced as part of the Australian Football 150 years celebration rewarding seven outstanding volunteers with a trip of lifetime for them and a partner.
Any league or club is invited to nominate any outstanding volunteers for the AFL State/Territory Volunteer of the Year.
The volunteer may have contributed to the completion of a major or significant project throughout the year or they may be someone who has contributed in a number of roles over a long period. Each State and Territory will evaluate the nominations and ultimately will determine their State/Territory Volunteer of the Year.
1. Must have given notable voluntary service to Australian Football.
2. Must be a willing, voluntary contributor, having received no income from football (NB honoraria excepted).
3. Must be an ambassador for the game of football who acts and works for the best interest of the game, never bringing the game into disrepute.
4. Those making nominations should make no more than one nomination.
5. Years of service will be looked upon favourably.
6. Previous winners are ineligible.
When completing the online nomination form, please use the general information field to provide a full and comprehensive history of the volunteer’s service. Past involvement with clubs, other than the nominating club should be detailed. All details should be provided via the online nomination form. Attachments cannot be included.
State/Territory Volunteer of the Year winner prize
- 2 x tickets and an AFL Grand Final Experience at the Toyota AFL Grand Final
- 2 x return flights (except Victoria) & accommodation for 3 nights (Thurs – Sat) in Melbourne for Grand Final weekend
- The opportunity to walk in the Toyota AFL Grand Final Parade
- The Community Club belonging to the State/Territory Volunteer of the Year winner will also receive free membership to the Coach.AFL platform for all their Coaches in season 2019
To nominate a volunteer from your League or Club, please nominate them online at the AFL Community Club website HERE….
When completing the online nomination form, please use the general information field to provide a full and comprehensive history of the volunteer’s service. Past involvement with Clubs, other than the nominating Club, should also be detailed. All details should be provided via the online nomination form, as attachments cannot be included.
Nominations closing date:
Nominations must be submitted online by Friday 27th July. Late submissions will not be considered