CLUB SAFETY FUND
The WorkSafe Club Safety Fund has been established to provide financial assistance to football/netball clubs to make improvements to the safety of their grounds or provide added safety for both players, people involved with the club and the spectators. The second round of the 2019 WorkSafe Club Safety Fund will be open from 1 July – 11 October (unless funds are exhausted prior to this date).
The objective of the WorkSafe Club Safety Fund is to provide financial support at a local level to assist with occupational health and safety initiatives at a club level.
Who Can Apply?
Football Clubs affiliated with WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country (as listed in the AFL Vic Handbook 2019)
How Much Are the Grants?
- The WorkSafe Club Safety Fund provide grants to the value of 50% of the total quoted amount.
- The remaining 50% contribution can be a combination of club, sponsor or council contributions.
- The maximum funding amount is $2,000 per application.
- Funds will be dispersed upon approval by WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country.
Please note: Special consideration may be made (at the discretion of WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country) to projects requiring additional financial support. Please make this known via the online application form.
- All clubs applying, must provide evidence that a grant is needed to improve the safety of their grounds and surrounding buildings.
- Clubs must show that they have the appropriate WorkSafe signage around the club and that there is an Occupational Health and Safety or Risk Management Program being implemented. All Equipment will need to be purchased through FootyMart; if a considerably cheaper alternative has been sourced please include a relevant quote.
- Funding is available for safety initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Equipment to be purchased by the Club that has the purpose of protecting the individual participants while actively engaged in the sport. (i.e. goal post padding, first aid kids, defibrillators)
- Permanent or portable structures that provide shelter and or safety. (i.e. behind goal netting, shelter shed, shade sails, fireplace guards, fencing for walkways)
- Minor facility maintenance which presents an occupational health and safety hazard.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted via https://aflvic.smartygrants.com.au/WorkSafe2019CSFRound2
- Copies of all relevant documentation must be attached when submitting your application.
- Approved projects must be completed within the current funding period.
- WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country staff may be contacted for advice when preparing project outline.
For more information on WorkSafe’s Club Safety Fund, CLICK HERE…