The Coburg Football Club is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated person to help grow our club’s female participation and engagement levels.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
- Understand the benefits that Females (Girls and Women) bring to the club environment.
- Can set goals, work towards a plan and demonstrate actions required to start a team(s).
- Can engage and motivate others to help out with the female team(s).
- Can work with others by sharing tasks and completing them as agreed.
- Can communicate clearly (can start a conversation with people they have never met, can ask questions and use multiple methods, phone, email, social media).
- Understands or is willing to learn a sporting club’s environment, specifically the vision for CFC and the administration tasks required.
- Understands the vision for the club and has a grasp of the club environment.
Character traits the club is looking for:
- Has a positive approach to life.
- Lives the values of the club.
- Is motivated and a ‘go getter!’
- Is happy to seek feedback from others.
- Be outgoing and friendly
- Willing to learn new things
- Organisational skills
- Love social settings and meeting new people
- Communication skills – written, verbal and face to face.
Connection with the club:
- Has a passion for the club and wants to see growth.
- Can honestly assess the club culture/environment and suggest ways to improve.
- Will promote the whole club’s successes incorporated in Coburg FC’s strategic plan
Time commitment required:
- Can commit to the program from the planning phase to the end of the season. January-September each year.
- Is reliable to be where they say they will be and do what they say they will do.
- Has time each day/week initially to get the program up and running.
- Initially, wants to be there on game day and at social events to ensure integration is occurring.
- Willing and able to have a flexible mindset regarding the hours of the role EG: weekends, after hours etc…
Key relationships for the role:
- Coburg Football Club Administration
- Coburg Football Club Junior Football and Auskick Co-Ordinator
- Leagues/bodies – AFL Victoria, VFL, Essendon DFL, Northern FNL and VAFA.
- Local Council support contacts
- Nearby schools to grow awareness and engagement
This is a volunteer role, however a paid honorarium can be negotiated by the right applicant and is dependent upon previous experience.
Please send a cover letter outlining your experience and addressing the above criteria items along with a resume to Sebastian Spagnuolo – firstname.lastname@example.org