AFL Victoria is committed to assisting Community Clubs attract new participants from a Multicultural background by eliminating key barriers to participation for Multicultural Families. In keeping with this commitment, AFL Victoria has developed a State Grant Scheme to support the transition of new Multicultural participants, from promotional programs, into ongoing participation program within the mainstream football pathway.
- The nominated player/s must be under the age of 18
- Player/s must be from AFL Victoria’s target cultural groups – China, India Africa or the Middle East
- First year registered in a Community Club via Sports TG
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Clubs competing in leagues affiliated with AFL Victoria
- NAB AFL Auskick centres
- AFL Victoria Staff
- AFL Clubs Victoria
HOW MUCH CAN COMMUNITY CLUBS APPLY FOR?
- Multicultural Player grants can fund up to $200 per player.
WHAT TYPE OF APPLICATIONS CAN BE FUNDED?
- Registration fees
- Team apparel, boots or mouth guard costs.
- Transport assistance
WHAT TYPE OF APPLICATIONS WON’T BE FUNDED?
- Registration discounts for existing Multicultural participants
- Equipment for Community club
- Paying volunteers
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications must be submitted via: https://aflvic.smartygrants.com.au/VICmulticulturalplayers2020
- Answer all questions about your club and the new players you want to introduce from a Multicultural background
- AFL Victoria staff may be contacted for advice when preparing your Club’s application.
- Projects that will increase on-going participation in high Multicultural areas
- Reducing financial barriers to participation for Multicultural participants across Victoria
- Providing uniforms for competitors and active participants
- Providing access for participants to attend training and games
CLUBS SUCCESSFUL IN RECEIVING FUNDING ARE REQUIRED TO:
- Use the funds for the specified activity.
- Arrange a Community clubs Cultural Education workshop to be delivered by AFL (Victoria) at the club with Junior Club leaders
- Provide an end of year report, with photos, highlighting the outcomes and benefits of the Grant.
- Round 2: Commences Jan 31 and concludes October 31, 2020
- Applications will only be assessed if all relevant information has been provided
- All applications will be notified two weeks after submission
- Approved applications will receive further information regarding funding requirements