AFL Gippsland is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Junior League Operations Manager to join their team.
The AFL Gippsland Commission provides governance and strategy development for Football and Netball across the Gippsland region. We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Junior League Operations Manager to join our team.
The Junior Leagues Operations Manager will play an integral role in the success and outcomes of the Gippsland competitions in the region, and as such this role presents a unique opportunity to make a positive impact on the success of Australian Rules football and netball.
Based in Morwell and reporting to the Commercial & Operations Manager, the successful applicant will provide strategic development and competition management & operations for the Gippsland regions Junior leagues and be pivotal in ensuring a smooth and professional delivery for the benefit of member clubs.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Development and implementation of the strategic direction of Gippsland’s Junior leagues.
- League competition management including fixturing and match day processing
- Tribunal operations
- Correspondence, club liaison and issue management
- Sponsor servicing
- Event management
- League marketing and communications
- Budgeting and management to set budget
The successful applicant will require:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in sports administration
- Demonstrated high level experience in managing multiple projects and priorities
- High level of attention to detail, delivering outcomes both on time and on budget
- Knowledge and experience with member database and competition management software (preferably Sports TG)
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to build positive working relationships with all key stakeholders, especially volunteers.
Relevant tertiary qualifications and administration/operational experience in football netball clubs and/or Leagues in the region, while not essential, will be preferred.
If this sounds like you, please email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 5th December 2019.