Country football is the lifeblood of rural communities across Victoria, and WorkSafe has been there every step of the way for the last 18 years.
In a time where safety is paramount, we need to look after our country footy communities and help ensure a safe environment once we’re back.
WorkSafe is committed to helping country football be safe. Through the past 18 years, WorkSafe has helped over 300 Football Clubs with funding and assistance and we’ll continue to support local clubs through the WorkSafe Club Safety Fund.
The Club Safety Fund provides financial assistance to rural football clubs to improve the safety of their grounds, or provide added security for players, those involved and spectators.
We want to work together to build an environment that looks after the health, safety and wellbeing of our communities.
The 2020 WorkSafe Club Safety Fund is now open, with applications closing on 28th June 2020.
The objective of the WorkSafe Club Safety Fund is to provide financial support at a local level to assist with occupational health and safety initiatives at a club level.
How to Apply
- Applications must submit via https://aflvic.smartygrants.com.au/CSF2020Rd1
- Copies of all relevant documentation must be attached when submitting your form.
- Approved projects must be complete within the current funding period.
- WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country staff may be contacted for advice when preparing project outline.
Who Can Apply?
Football clubs affiliated with WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country
How Much Are the Grants?
- The WorkSafe Club Safety Fund provides grants up to the value of $5,000 per application.
- Clubs are required to demonstrate co-contribution (of up to 50%) of the total project cost as part of its application. This co-contribution can be a combination of club, sponsor or council contributions
- Funds will be dispersed upon approval by WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country.Please note: Special consideration may be made (at the discretion of WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country) to projects requiring additional financial support. Please make this known via the online application form.
- All clubs applying must provide evidence that a grant is needed to improve the safety of their grounds and surrounding buildings.
- Clubs must show that they have the appropriate WorkSafe signage around the club and that there is an Occupational Health and Safety or Risk Management Program implemented.
- Funding is available for safety initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Equipment to be purchased by the club that has the purpose of protecting the individual participants while actively engaged in the sport. (i.e. goal post padding, first aid kids, defibrillators)
- Permanent or portable structures that provide shelter and or safety. (i.e. behind goal netting, shelter shed, shade sails, fireplace guards, fencing for walkways)
- Minor facility maintenance which presents an occupational health and safety hazard.