A host of Australian sporting icons are hitting the road this weekend for the fifth WorkSafe Game of the Month on Saturday June 16.
Big crowds are expected at Lalbert Recreation Reserve for the senior football and netball clashes between Central Murray Football Netball League’s Mallee Eagles and Cohuna Kanagas
Held as a joint initiative with Netball Victoria, three-time Brisbane Lions premiership player Chris Johnson, North Melbourne star Majak Daw and former Australian Diamonds netball player Julie Corletto will be in attendance to meet the locals, share their sporting stories and enjoy the country atmosphere.
The match is one of ten WorkSafe Game of the Month events scheduled in leagues across the state this year, with the next game set to be held on Sunday June 24 between Kyabram District Football League’s Girgarre v Tallygaroopna.
WorkSafe has been a major sponsor of country football since 2002 and country netball since 2005, and is excited to partner with AFL Victoria Country and the WorkSafe Country Netball League again in 2018.
Just as WorkSafe are committed to supporting country football and netball, so too are they committed to a vision of every Victorian returning home safely every day.
- WHEN: Saturday June 16, 2018
- WHO: Mallee Eagles and Cohuna Kanagas
- WHERE: Lalbert Recreation Reserve
- TIME: Senior football match 2:30pm
- Chris Johnson – former Brisbane Lions triple-premiership player
- Majak Daw – current AFL player for North Melbourne FC
- Julie Corletto – former Australian Diamonds netball player
ACTIVITY LINE-UP INCLUDES:
- Kids activities including face painting & jumping castle
- WorkSafe activation where you can meet Majak Daw and win give-aways
- National Anthem and Post match presentations for the Senior Football and netball matches