AFL Victoria is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated people to become NAB AFL Halftime Support Officer in season 2018.
- AFL Victoria – Casual Role (March- October)
- Newly created positions
- MCG / Etihad
As an organisation, the AFL works tirelessly in all states and at all levels to enhance and grow the game – from grassroots to elite. Together, we put on the game, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, and collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary we are all united by a common goal, to leave the game in an even more extraordinary place.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Halftime Support Officer (HSO) will be responsible for being the point of contact between the AFL and the NAB AFL Auskick Centres for their Halftime experience. The role will require effective communication to NAB AFL Auskick Centre Coordinators and liaising with Halftime Volunteers and venue staff.
The HSO will play a critical part in gathering information regarding participants and parent assistants as well as ensuring venue times and all details are effectively communicated to Auskick families.
The HSO will be the point of contact at the ground on game day (MCG/Etihad). They will be responsible for facilitating and coordinating the schedule and with the help of the Half Time Volunteers, meeting the Auskick groups, sorting equipment, safely moving participants on and off the field and other activities as required.
The HSO may if required be responsible for organising the ticketing allocations prior to the games and for ensuring there are sufficient Halftime volunteers at all games.
Please note employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory criminal history record check. The successful candidate is required to possess a valid ‘working with children’ check. The AFL has extensive procedures and checks in place to protect children and young people in our organisation.
- Communicate with NAB AFL Auskick centres a minimum of 2 weeks prior to their halftime visit and provide all required information
- Gather and collate participant contact information for each game
- Establish Parent helpers for each grid / rules game
- Develop a roster for each venue / game on a weekly schedule
- Establish and implement Game day procedures
- Maintain sufficient equipment and signage supplies at each ground
- May collate the tickets allocated to each game
- Provide feedback to the Auskick Development Coordinator as required
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Current Working with Children Check (Employee Check), or the willingness to obtain
- Valid Driver’s License and vehicle
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal, teamwork and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in Australian Football/Auskick
- Willing to work in and outside business hours – weeknights and weekends
- Experience working with Primary school age children
- Experience with volunteer environments, including the management
- Problem solving skills
HOW TO APPLY
- CLICK HERE for a Position Description…
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: Sunday 5pm 11th February 2018