AFL Victoria has made significant progress over recent years to capture opportunities for diverse communities to access the AFL talent pathway.
See below a description of a number of our Multicultural Talent pathway programs on offer:
The Under 15 Female and Male All Nations is about nurturing natural talent and creating young leaders in the process with a strong cultural identity. Both programs are looking to further their football and transition eventually into the TAC Cup competition.
The All Nations Cup participant criteria:
- Players must be born overseas
- 15 year olds (Born in 2002 & 2003)
Please contact David Rodan for more information David.Rodan@afl.com.au
Jim Stynes Squad
The main objectives of the program is to provide the talented players with opportunity to be involved in quality learning environment but most importantly the program will allow you reach your best and improve your leadership skills and will also focus on the following:
- Create opportunities where the players develop their football skills as well as their life skills in an environment that is culturally appropriate and safe
- Provide a vehicle to exchange culture, positive engagement
- Create opportunities for communities to be exposed to Talent pathways, and experience the TAC CUP pathway –State league VFL participation.
- Ensure relevant health and wellbeing messages are communicated through all programs delivered under the AFL Victoria
For more information please contact Chris Johnson Chris.Johnson@afl.com.au