The AFL Community Ambassador Program is aimed at engaging multicultural and Indigenous communities through a network of dedicated volunteers.
Aligned with Victorian AFL clubs, Ambassadors help connect the AFL with their communities and promote Australian Football activities as a vehicle for engagement and inclusion.
The program provides community leaders with an official platform to become involved in the introduction and coordination of Australian football related programs in their communities, as well as opportunities for professional development.
Areas of interest include:
- Coaching / Umpiring: Develop coaching and umpiring pathways for community ambassadors.
- Festivals / AFL Activations: Attendance at key multicultural festivals and community events to drive participation and fan engagement outcomes.
- Community Club roles: Assisting community clubs fill important roles with in the community football structure.
- Cultural Education: Presenting about inclusion and engagement of multicultural communities
- Promotion of Football: Using the networks of ambassadors to influence and inspire a new generation of footy fans.
Benefits for Ambassadors:
- A sense of pride and achievement from making a valuable contribution to the community
- A deeper connection to, and knowledge of, AFL Multicultural and Indigenous programs
- Contribution to positive community health outcomes by assisting your community engage in sport and the wider society
- Help develop community programs by providing direction and ideas for the ongoing growth of AFL Multicultural and Indigenous programs
- Access to AFL player ambassadors (subject to availability)
- Access to an exclusive Multicultural and Indigenous community ambassador pack and access to AFL game visitation program
- Professional development programs including coaching/umpiring accreditation, conference invitations and much more, to improve your employability skills and credentials
- An opportunity to improve cross-cultural and communication skills
- Official Certificate presented at a state-based Reward & Recognition function at the end of the eight months tenure
- A chance to be the State and National “Diversity Community Ambassador of the Year” and receiving special prizes and accolades
To register to become a AFL Community Ambassador, click on the button below…