300 game Carlton star Kade Simpson is hitting the road this weekend for the seventh WorkSafe Game of the Month on Sunday July 15.
Big crowds are expected at Simpson Recreation Reserve for the senior football and netball clashes between Colac & District Football Netball League’s Simpson and South Colac.
Held as a joint initiative with Netball Victoria, AFL Legend Peter Knights, 300 game Carlton star Kade Simpson and former Australian netball player Eloise Southby will be in attendance to meet the locals, share their sporting stories and enjoy the country atmosphere.
The match is one of ten WorkSafe Game of the Month events scheduled in leagues across the state this year, with the next game set to be held on Sunday July 29 between Geelong Football Netball League’s St. Mary’s and Lara Football Clubs.
WorkSafe has been a major sponsor of country football since 2002 and country netball since 2005, and is excited to partner with AFL Victoria Country and the WorkSafe Country Netball League again in 2018.
Just as WorkSafe are committed to supporting country football and netball, so too are they committed to a vision of every Victorian returning home safely every day.
- WHEN: Sunday July 15, 2018
- WHO: Simpson and South Colac
- WHERE: Simpson Recreation Reserve (Lavers Hill Road, Simpson)
- TIME: Senior football match 2:00pm
- Peter Knights – AFL Legend
- Kade Simpson – 300 game Carlton FC player
- Eloise Southby – former Australian netball player
- Russell Robertson– former Melbourne FC player and MC for the event.