Geelong Cats superstar Tom Hawkins is hitting the road this weekend for the tenth and final WorkSafe Game of the Month on Sunday August 12.
Big crowds are expected at CE Brown Reserve for the senior football and netball clashes between Ballarat Football Netball League’s Lake Wendouree FNC v North Ballarat.
Held as a joint initiative with Netball Victoria, AFL Legend David Parkin, current Geelong Cats spearhead Tom Hawkins and former Australian netball player Julie Corletto will be in attendance to meet the locals, share their sporting stories and enjoy the country atmosphere.
The match is the final game of ten WorkSafe Game of the Month events scheduled in leagues across the state this year.
WorkSafe has been a major sponsor of country football since 2002 and country netball since 2005, and is excited to partner with AFL Victoria Country and the WorkSafe Country Netball League again in 2018.
Just as WorkSafe are committed to supporting country football and netball, so too are they committed to a vision of every Victorian returning home safely every day.
- WHEN: Sunday 12th August 2018
- WHO: Lake Wendouree FNC v North Ballarat City FNC (Ballarat FNL)
- WHERE: CE Brown Reserve, Norman Street, Wendouree
- TIME: Senior football match 2:15pm, A-Grade netball 2:30pm
- Julie Corletto– Netball Ambassador
- David Parkin– AFL Legend
- Tom Hawkins– Geelong FC player
- Khao Watts– Melbourne Vixens player
- Roger Arnold- WorkSafe, Chief Operating Officer