The Flemington Junior Football Club is seeking expressions of interest for coaching positions across multiple age-groups for the 2018 season, including our new under 17 Colts team.
The creation of our new under 17 colts team will be exciting for our football club. This will provide a pathway to UHS VU FC affiliated with the VAFA.
Flemington Junior FC is experiencing considerable growth year on year with a 160% growth in numbers between 2015 and 2017 to 252 in player registrations.
In 2018 FJFC will field 13 teams in all age categories. Under 8, Under 9, Under 10 x 2 teams, Under 11 x 2 teams, Under 12 Girls (Affiliated with Melbourne University Women’s Football), Under 12 Boys, Under 13 Boy, Under 14 Boys, Under 15 Boys, Under 15 Girls (Affiliated with Melbourne University Women’s Football) and the new Colts Under 17 Boys Team
1 x Football Director of Coaching
Applicants will also need to demonstrate:
- A strong commitment to grow, develop. mentor and teach players of all abilities
- A positive and welcoming attitude
- Strong communication skills on and off the field
- Commitment to attend training sessions and matches
- Ability to operate as part of a team
- Level 1 Coaching Course certification or a willingness to complete the course
- Working with Children certification
- Ensure all players and coaching staff adhere to a code of conduct
- Develop a game plan for the 2018 season to suit playing resources
- Develop training programs in consultation with other coaches
- Provide game day coaching expertise and leadership
- Engage assistant coaches, support staff and volunteers
- Consider player retention and recruitment programs
What FJSC can offer applicants:
- Fantastic facilities located at Holland Park Kensington
- 2 Full size ovals
- Supportive committee
- Diverse football club who make it fun for all involved
- Terrific family environment
The position will report to the FJSC Club President and FJFC Coaching Director and it is expected a commitment of between 2-5 hours per week will be required.
Please direct expressions of interest to:
Attention: FJSC President – Luke Hopman
Positions Description’s will be made available on request.
Closing date: September 25th, 2017