Essendon Doutta Stars is looking for a Football Operations Manager with experience in AFL football as a player, coach and/or administrator to plan, implement, direct and coordinate the football operations of the Essendon Doutta Stars Football Club. Applications close 31 July 2018.
We are looking for a Football Operations Manager with experience in AFL football as a player, coach and/or administrator to plan, implement, direct and coordinate the football operations of the Essendon Doutta Stars Football Club.
- To co-ordinate all off field football activities for the Essendon Doutta Stars Football Club senior teams to ensure that all players and off field staff are provided with the highest level of support to enable them to compete and perform at the highest level.
- To provide support to the Executive and Committee members to ensure the efficient operation of the Club.
- Undertake tasks at the request of the President, Executive or General Committee.
- Coordinate formulation of the Football Operational Plan. This includes – player list, player retention and player recruitment (taking into account the EDFL player points policy and salary cap).
- Formulate remuneration packages and contracts for players and coaches and ensure the contracts are executed.
- Ensure that all contacts fall within the allocated budget and that variations are brought to the Club Executive prior to the Club being committed to the variation.
- Appoint appropriate personnel, or ensure they are appointed, as team managers, trainers, runners and other team support staff to ensure smooth running on game days. Ensure personnel are registered on Sports TG and appropriate accreditation acquired.
- Negotiate all clearances and player registrations in accordance with the league rules including liaising with merchandising and the treasurer for outstanding payments.
- Pre-season Training Assistant, i.e. ensure water bottles, footballs are available. All Practice matches are organized by mid-December.
- Coordinate delivery of the Football Operational Plan.
- Provide documentation in consultation with the Treasurer, all player payments and coaching fees.
- Liaise between players, coaches, Club Executive and General Committee.
- Ensure all equipment is available as required by Coaches and/or League and that it is in good working order (includes match balls).
- Ensure all support staff are in attendance and are provided with appropriate equipment to undertake their specific role.
- Oversee the maintenance and management of all training and match equipment including goal post covers.
- Ensure players attending League tribunal hearings are supported by quality advocates.
- Ensure equipment, e.g. jumpers and footballs owned by Club are retained by Club.
- Reports to the President and Executive.
- Supports the senior coach, match committee, football support staff including team managers, trainers, runners, boundary umpires and time keepers.
- The Football Manager is accountable to the President and Executive.
- The Football Manager shall seek ratification from the Executive Committee of a football budget that includes all Coach, player and trainer payments and shall thereafter have the authority to act within the limits of that budget without reference to the Executive.
- Provide a monthly report on portfolio operations to the Committee meeting.
Expected Contact Hours
In addition to the planning and coordination roles, the football operations manager is expected to attend training sessions, game day and committee meetings as requested.
Remuneration will be negotiated with the successful applicant depending upon experience and skills. An annual review process regarding performance will be undertaken.
Should you wish to enquire further about this role, please contact the club Secretary on 0498 564 166.
All applications should be provided in writing to the Secretary at email@example.com