The AFL Volunteer of the Year Program is a volunteer recognition program which commenced as part of the Australian Football 150 Years Celebration, rewarding seven outstanding volunteers, one from each State/Territory, with a trip of lifetime for them and a guest.
State/Territory Volunteer of the Year winner prize:
- 2 x tickets and an AFL Grand Final Experience at the Toyota AFL Grand Final
- Accommodation for 3 nights (Thurs – Sat) in Melbourne for Grand Final weekend
- The opportunity to walk in the Toyota AFL Grand Final Parade
AFL Victoria recognises two Volunteer’s each year, with one coming from a Metropolitan Club or League, and one from a Country Club or League. It is then decided upon by AFL Victoria Executive which of these winners will be the AFL Victoria State Volunteer of the Year, and receive the aforementioned Grand Final Day prize. Both Metropolitan and Country winners will be invited to attend the AFL Victoria Community Football Awards Night, where an official presentation will take place to each volunteer.
Any League or Club is invited to nominate outstanding volunteers for the AFL Volunteer of the Year. The volunteer may have contributed to the completion of a major or significant project throughout the year or they may be someone who has contributed in a number of roles over a long period. AFL Victoria will evaluate all nominations and ultimately determine our Metropolitan and Country winners, and which of these will be our AFL Victoria Volunteer of the Year.
1. Must have given notable voluntary service to Australian Football.
2. Must be a willing, voluntary contributor, having received no income from football (Note: honoraria excepted).
3. Must be an ambassador for the game of football who acts and works for the best interest of the game, never bringing the game into disrepute.
4. Those making nominations should make no more than one nomination.
5. Years of service given to a Club or League will be looked upon favourably.
6. Previous winners are ineligible.
To nominate a volunteer from your League or Club, please nominate them online at the AFL Community Club website HERE….
When completing the online nomination form, please use the general information field to provide a full and comprehensive history of the volunteer’s service. Past involvement with Clubs, other than the nominating Club, should also be detailed. All details should be provided via the online nomination form, as attachments cannot be included.
Nominations closing date:
Late submissions will not be considered. Nominations must be submitted online by Friday 18th August