Welcome to AFL Victoria’s new online coaching resource, the Coach2Coach podcast.
Each month, the AFL Victoria Coach2Coach podcast covers a range of topics for community coaches to utilise and learn from throughout the football season.
Click on the links below to download the episode and relevant resources or join in the conversation online using the hashtag #AFLVicCCC
EPISODE 5 (MAY 15):
How clubs and junior coaches can create the best match day environment for players.
In Episode 5, our hosts Lauren Arnell, Steve Teakel and Dale Amos talk with AFL Victoria North West Regional Coaching Director Ross Smith about how coaches and junior clubs can create the best match day environment for your players.
Episode 5 Transcript coming soon.
- Supporting Match Day Communication
- What makes sport fun
- The importance of Language in Coaching
- Game Day Coaching
- Gospel according to Dermott Brereton
EPISODE 4 (APRIL 24):
Discussing Injury Prevention in football clubs.
Our hosts Lauren Arnell, Steve Teakel and Dale Amos talk with special guest and Physiotherapist Brooke Patterson, about injury prevention in Junior and Youth AFL players and what local coaches can do to reduce the risk of injury as well as manage it.
- Footy First videos, posters and coach resources
- Community Concussion Guidelines
- Head Injury Assessment Form
- Pocket Concussion Recognition Tool (CRT)
- 2017 AFL Concussion in Football Symposium Videos
EPISODE 3 (APRIL 3):
How to create the best game-day environment at your club.
Our hosts Lauren Arnell, Steve Teakel and Dale Amos talk with special guest, South Metro Junior Football League CEO Sarah Loh, about how to create the best game day environment at your club.
- Game Day coaching
- Why kids quit sport
- Generating Positive Match-Day Environments
- How to make match-day enjoyable for everyone
- SMJFL Play Fair Campaign
EPISODE 2 (MARCH):
How to create a coaching curriculum that suits your team.
Our hosts Lauren Arnell, Steve Teakel and Dale Amos talk with special guest, AFL Victoria State Talent Manager, Paul Hamilton about the developmental needs of children and how coaches can design training sessions appropriate for your team’s needs.
- Game Sense
- Coaching the Junior Age Group
- Small sided games
- Small sided transition
- Coaching and Developing young players
EPISODE 1 (FEB):
What is a Coaching Coordinator and why is this role so important at local junior AFL clubs?
Our hosts Lauren Arnell, Steve Teakel and Dale Amos talk with special guest and experienced coaching coordinator David Sheridan about the role and common challenges for coaches in junior AFL.
- Parents Code of Conduct
- Club Coaching Coordinator Handbook
- 100 Top Tips That Will Make you a Better Youth Sports Coach
- Strategies for children’s coaches