Calling all community coaching coordinators! AFL Victoria is seeking expressions of interest for participation in a new all-day Coaching Coordinators Course to be held in Melbourne on October 29.
Training will be conducted by experienced community club coaching coordinators who will share their insights of the role they play at their local football clubs which covers developing a coaching philosophy, mentoring, providing support and feedback, developing a coaching curriculum and skill development program and coach development.
The appointment of a club coaching coordinator can take your club or program to the next level of professionalism.
The development of the specific role and responsibilities of the club coaching coordinator will depend on the specific needs of individual clubs; however the following roles and responsibilities are likely to be core:
- Develop a positive coaching culture
- Assist and support the on-going growth and development of coaches
- To provide necessary and up to date information on current coaching trends, practices and courses to all coaches
- Support coaches so that players will receive the best practice approach to training, skill development and match day environment
- Assist clubs to develop processes whereby they can recruit and retain coaches
- Assist coaches to develop processes whereby clubs can recruit, develop and retain players.
- Ensure all coaches are recognized for their efforts and their commitment to quality coaching practices.
- Assist in the development of a club and school Australian Football development curriculum.
- WHEN: Sunday 29th October
- COST: $50
- WHERE: Location – Central Melbourne.
- WHAT: Full day course
If you or someone at your club would benefit from this new Coaching Coordinators Course, please submit your expression of interest HERE….