Are you interested in being an integral part of a vibrant and growing community football club in Melbourne’s Inner North? Brunswick NOBSPC is seeking applications for the positions of senior coach, senior assistant coach and reserves coach in Division 1 in the VAFA.
Brunswick NOBSPC plays at the famous AG Gillon Oval in Brunswick. Formerly known as North Old Boys, the Club has transitioned to become a true community club, having started the Brunswick Junior Football Club in 2009 and the Brunswick Renegades women’s teams in 2014. In 2018 the Club will field a total of 4 male (including Under 19s and Club XVIII) and 2 female teams in the VAFA (with our firsts playing in Women’s Premier). The BJFC will field up to 20 teams in the Yarra Junior Football League.
The successful applicant for senior coach will have prior coaching experience, be an excellent communicator and proven developer of young footballers. They will also be a leader of the senior assistant, reserves, Under 19s and Club XVII coaches to ensure there is a consistent game plan and football philosophy within the Club.
The key focus of the successful applicants for senior assistant and reserves coaches will be on preparing and developing players for senior football in conjunction with the senior coach. Prior coaching experience is desirable however not essential.
All successful applicants are expected to have attained or will attain at a minimum the Level 1 AFL Victoria coaching accreditation. All will be expected to develop and lead teams that will bring individual and team success.
Principal duties include:
- Coaching – match day and training (pre-season and during season) – and team selection
- Game plan – analysis, strategies, tactics
- Player development
- Communication – regular feedback with individual players and coaches
- Effective partnerships with the coaching, fitness and medical staff
- Adherence to and promotion of the Club’s values and code-of-conduct
- Attendance at Brunswick NOBSPC functions as required
- Accountability to the Brunswick NOBSPC Committee, reporting to the Football Director
Enquires should be directed to Tim Purdey, Brunswick NOBSPC President, by phone on 0402 830 297 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications to be lodged via email to the above address by Sunday 22 October 2017.